Links & Downloads
1. The Spirit of God is also called what? John 14:17
2. As such, what does the Spirit do? John 16:13
3. Regarding that, what is specifically promised? John 14:26
4. To whom does God give the Holy Ghost? Acts 5:32
5. What does the Holy Ghost put in our hearts? Romans 5:5
6. What is the fruit of the Spirit in our lives? Galatians 5:22, 23
7. What two things must we do in order to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost? Acts 2:38
8. Who will be saved? Mark 16:16
“Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.” John 3:5.
As an outward sign of an inward change, baptism is a public testimony that now you belong to Jesus. Its significance as the sign of the new birth is fully discussed in Romans 6. There Paul speaks of the transforming power of grace within the life of the believer. Baptism is also the means of becoming a member of the church (Compare Acts 2:41, 47).
9. What word, meaning “put in the grave,” is used to describe baptism? Romans 6:4
Baptism symbolizes the death and burial of our sins. When a dead body is buried, it is more than sprinkled with dirt. For the same reason, we want our sins to be completely buried.
The word baptism itself means to immerse. It was used in the textile industry long before the days of John the baptist. When cloth was “baptized” in the dye, it was not just sprinkled, but also completely immersed in it.
10. What word in verse 5 means buried? Romans 6:5
11. Why was John baptizing in Aenon? John 3:23
If John had been sprinkling, he would not have needed much water.
12. As Jesus came up out of the water following His baptism, what did He see? Mark 1:10
13. What must be done to all nations before they are baptized? Matthew 28:19
God wants His people to be intelligent in regard to His truth. They are to be taught “to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you,” He says. Matthew 28:20.
Baptism signifies conversion. Conversion requires the cooperation of the will. Under the conviction of the Holy Spirit, the person chooses to consecrate his life to God. He renounces his sins and by the power of God is born again to new life in Christ.
The story of the Ethiopian eunuch (Acts 8:26-39) is an inspiring account of a man searching for truth. As he read the Scriptures, the Lord directed Philip to him to present the gospel of Jesus. Convicted of his need of Christ, the eunuch asked to be baptized. So Philip baptized him in a nearby body of water.
Acts 19:1-5 tells of some people who were baptized more than once. They had been baptized once at the preaching of John, but had not yet learned all the truth. Now, as Paul shared with them additional vital truths, their Christian experience was so enriched by the new light, they felt their need to be baptized again.
14. What is God’s invitation to those who have accepted His truth? Acts 22:16
15. In what did God speak to Elijah? 1 Kings 19:12
Not all voices can be trusted. Beware of voices that contradict the Scriptures. The voice of the Spirit to our conscience will never differ from the teachings of the Bible. He speaks to us through the Bible. Jesus said, “He shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak.” “For he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.” John 16:13, 14. The Holy Spirit comes to forcibly impress upon our minds the word of God. Never will He direct us any other way.
16. What does the voice of the Lord say to us? Isaiah 30:21
17. When we hear His voice, what is our duty? Jeremiah 26:13
18. How long is the light with us? John 12:35
19. What will come upon us if we don’t walk while we have the light? John 12:35
20. So when we hear His voice, what must we not do? Hebrews 3:7, 8
21. What do some always do to the Holy Ghost? Acts 7:51
22. As their fathers did, what do they do? Acts 7:53
23. What eventually happens to a person’s conscience that continually resists the voice of God’s Spirit? 1 Timothy 4:2
24. What warning did Paul give? Ephesians 4:30
25. Does God’s Spirit ever stop working with men? Genesis 6:3
26. Who will enter into the kingdom of heaven? Matthew 7:21
“If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land.” Isaiah 1:19.
27. Jesus is the author of eternal salvation unto all them that do what? Hebrews 5:9
28. What if we know these things? John 13:17
29. What if a person knows what is right, but doesn’t do it? James 4:17
30. What did Jesus say about those who have heard the truth? John 15:22
31. What did He say about one to whom much is given? Luke 12:48
32. So is it better to just avoid hearing the truth? Proverbs 28:9
33. What did Jesus say to do when the Spirit speaks? Revelation 3:22
34. Will any hardship or other circumstances ever make us regret our decision to obey the Lord? Psalm 37:25
“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.” 2 Timothy 4:7, 8.