Links & Downloads
“Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.” The Fourth Commandment, Exodus 20:8-11.
1. Can any alterations be made in what God does? Ecclesiastes 3:14
2. Are His past requirements still required now? Ecclesiastes 3:15
3. When God blesses something, how long will it be blessed? 1 Chronicles 17:27
4. He hath blessed, and I cannot do what? Numbers 23:20
5. Why did the Lord bless the seventh day? Exodus 20:11
6. By whom did God make the worlds? Hebrews 1:2
7. How involved was Jesus in the whole creation process? Colossians 1:16 John 1:3
8. What then is Jesus’ relation to the Sabbath? Matthew 12:8
9. What do we know about our Lord? Hebrews 13:8
10. Looking nearly forty years beyond the crucifixion, what day was Jesus concerned about? Matthew 24:20
The seventh-day Sabbath is mentioned 59 times in the New Testament. And in no instance does the Bible say that God ever removed its sacredness. By contrast, the first day of the week is mentioned only 8 times in the New Testament. And in not a single case does the Bible attach sacredness to it.
11. According to Paul, what is the basis of the Sabbath rest? Hebrews 4:4
12. Paul confessed that he believed all things written where? Acts 24:14
13. On what day did he go to the house of worship? Acts 13:14
14. Gentiles wanted him to preach to them when? Acts 13:42
15. Who came the next Sabbath to hear God’s word? Acts 13:44
16. On what day was prayer wont to be made? Acts 16:13
17. How does the Bible tell us that gathering for public worship on the Sabbath was Paul’s regular practice? Acts 17:2
18. How often did Paul present the Scriptures to both Jews and Greeks? Acts 18:4
19. How thoroughly did Paul instruct his converts? Acts 20:27
Paul declared all the counsel of God. And he never mentioned anything about Sunday sacredness.
20. Of whom would men arise, speaking perverse things? Acts 20:30
21. To what class of people was he speaking? Acts 20:17
22. When would this take place? Acts 20:29
Peter also predicted the rise of false teachers in the church who would bring in “damnable heresies” (2 Peter 2:1).
23. In vision, Daniel was shown a power that would arise which would think to change what? Daniel 7:25
24. Paul told the early believers not to expect the end of the world except there come what first? 2 Thessalonians 2:3
25. What two names did he call the one who would lead out in this falling away? 2 Thessalonians 2:3
Carefully study 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12. This man of sin who would cause the church to fall away would actually put himself in the place of God (verse 4). The mystery of iniquity was already at work in Paul’s day but was not allowed to fully develop as long as a certain other power was in existence (verse 7). Notice that this falling away would involve serious doctrinal deceptions (verses 9-12). The prophetic development of this apostasy is the subject of the next two lessons.
26. God wants all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of what? 1 Timothy 2:4
27. For what weak reason do some reject God’s commandments? Mark 7:9
“Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” Matthew 4:4.
28. The times of our ignorance God winked at, but now He commands men everywhere to do what? Acts 17:30
29. How should I respond when I learn the truth? Psalm 119:60