Links & Downloads
1. Jesus came that we might have life, and that we might have it how? John 10:10
2. In what four ways did Jesus develop? Luke 2:52
“And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Thessalonians 5:23.
3. How important is our physical health to God? 3 John 2
4. What reasonable service does God ask of us? Romans 12:1
5. Why is God so concerned about our bodies? 1 Corinthians 3:16
6. What will happen to the person who mistreats his body? 1 Corinthians 3:17
7. As a vital ingredient in man’s restoration, how was Adam to spend his time? Genesis 3:23
Physical exercise is a great blessing to man, promoting physical, mental, and spiritual health.
8. What is as good as medicine? Proverbs 17:22
9. What has God asked us to do for others that will benefit our own health? Isaiah 58:7, 8
10. What should guide our eating habits? 1 Corinthians 10:31
11. What was the original diet of man? Genesis 1:29
12. On that diet, how long did Adam live? Genesis 5:5
13. For several generations, how long did men live?
Genesis 5:8 Seth
Genesis 5:11 Enos
Genesis 5:14 Cainan
Genesis 5:17 Mahalaleel
Genesis 5:20 Jared
Genesis 5:27 Methuselah
14. After the flood, what was added to man’s diet? Genesis 9:3
15. What immediately happened to man’s life span? Genesis 11:10, 11
16. After just a few generations, how long did men live? Genesis 11:32
17. God has given permission for only what kind of beasts to be eaten? Leviticus 11:2, 3
18. Unclean animals such as what, are forbidden? Leviticus 11:7
Unclean animals are defined in Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14. Large animals which are not cloven footed, or do not chew the cud, are unclean. Seafood, which “hath no fins nor scales”, is unclean. Birds of prey and certain other birds are unclean. And so are many small animals such as weasels, mice, lizards, and snails.
19. To whom did God originally make the distinction between clean and unclean animals? Genesis 7:1, 2
This was long before there ever was a Jew. It is not just Jews who can be harmed by eating unhealthful things.
Some of the diseases that are commonly associated with pork include trichinosis, toxoplasmosis, salmonella, tapeworms, and undulant fever. Christians who recognize that their bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit will not defile themselves with anything that will dishonor God.
20. When Jesus comes, He will consume together those who eat what three things? Isaiah 66:15-17
21. God never allowed man to eat flesh with what in it? Deuteronomy 12:23-25
Like the prohibition against unclean meats, the restriction against eating blood was not just for the Jews. It dates back to the very beginning of flesh eating, hundreds of years before there was a Jew (Genesis 9:4). Even Gentiles who accepted the Lord were to abstain from eating blood (Leviticus 17:10-15). And the restriction continues to apply for New Testament Christians (Acts 15:20).
22. What two animal products were never to be eaten? Leviticus 3:17
Today it is well known that dietary fat is a major cause of heart disease, strokes, diabetes, obesity, and certain cancers—the major killers in western societies. Animal fat, being saturated, is especially harmful.
23. God has promised to satisfy our mouths with what? Psalm 103:5
24. What did Daniel purpose in his heart? Daniel 1:8
25. What did he and his friends request to eat and drink? Daniel 1:12
Pulse is vegetable foods. More and more people today are learning that the best diet is the one God originally gave man at his creation.
26. What did this diet do for them? Daniel 1:15
27. What additional benefits did God give them? Daniel 1:17
28. Considering all the sickness around us, why has God placed certain restrictions on our lifestyle? Deuteronomy 6:24
29. What does the Lord want to do for us? Deuteronomy 7:15
“And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.” Exodus 23:25.
30. When people violate God’s laws of health, what other god are they serving? Romans 16:18
31. What will be their end? Philippians 3:19
32. Every man that strives for the mastery is what? 1 Corinthians 9:25
33. What did Paul say would happen to him if he didn’t keep his body under subjection? 1 Corinthians 9:27