Links & Downloads
“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.” Galatians 5:19-21.
1. Whoever commits sin is what? John 8:34
“His own iniquities shall take the wicked himself, and he shall be holden with the cords of his sins.” Proverbs 5:22.
“Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?” Romans 6:16.
2. What are the wages for serving sin? Romans 6:23
3. What was the mission of Jesus? Matthew 1:21
4. What does it mean to be saved from our sins? Romans 6:18
5. Can Jesus really free us from sin’s control? John 8:36
“For sin shall not have dominion over you.” Romans 6:14.
6. Can we serve both God and sin? Matthew 6:24
7. So what must we do? Joshua 24:15
8. When we choose to serve the Lord, what does He cause to happen within us? Romans 6:6
9. What may we then reckon ourselves to be? Romans 6:11
“How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?” “For he that is dead is freed from sin.” Romans 6:2, 7.
10. We put off the old man, which is what? Ephesians 4:22
11. And we put on the new man, which is what? Ephesians 4:24
“Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.” Psalm 51:10.
“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” 2 Corinthians 5:17.
12. We receive grace and the gift of what? Romans 5:17
“Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe.” Romans 3:22.
13. We are made what? Romans 5:19
14. How much does this being made righteous cost us? Romans 5:18
15. Receiving this gift, we become filled with what? Ephesians 3:19
16. We are then a partaker of what? 2 Peter 1:4
17. When this happens what is our relation to the sinful habits that once enslaved us? 2 Peter 1:4
18. How is a person’s life different after being liberated from the servitude of sin? 1 Peter 4:2
“For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revelings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries.” 1 Peter 4:3.
19. How does Paul emphasize again the new status of the believer? Romans 6:22
20. How should this new status affect our future plans? Romans 13:14
“Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God.” Romans 6:12, 13.
21. Upon what condition may we continue to partake of the power of Christ? Hebrews 3:14
“If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:31.
22. If through unbelief a person falls back into his former passions, what has he probably forgotten? 2 Peter 1:9
23. Of what may we be confident? Philippians 1:6
24. What is Jesus able to do? Jude 24
25. Is that expecting too much of the Lord? Ephesians 3:20
26. Do we need anything that His divine power has not supplied? 2 Peter 1:3
“He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?” Romans 8:32.
“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19.
27. How may we obtain the transforming gift of God’s righteousness? Matthew 7:7
28. Then what positive action are we to take? Romans 6:13
“For as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.” Romans 6:19.
29. What will our testimony then be? Psalm 116:16